What is a conclusion paragraph
When you are writing an essay, you have to end it logically. According to the definition of conclusion, this is a final part of your work. Some people think it’s better to concentrate on the main part of the essay, but it’s also very important to end your work and to summarize everything you wrote above. Without a good final, your entire work may seem not finished and imperfect. So, it’s quite important to spend some time and write this part of your paper according to rules.
When you’re writing this paragraph, remember you should follow these rules to make your final part bright and interesting:
- restate your paper’s thesis statement;
- try to summarize at least 3 sub points of the paper;
- impress the reader with your excellent final and leave them with something they could think about.
Table of Contents
How to start a conclusion: making an outline
Before starting to write, it’s useful to create an outline of your last paragraph. Maybe it seems you unnecessary, but this would be very helpful to make a bright conclusion that will end your work properly.
So, this is how your outline should look like:
- First sentence — restating of the thesis statement. Do not just rewrite it, try to rephrase it with a new understanding.
- Supporting sentences — try to summarize your work’s main points you mentioned in the main part. Explain to the readers how these ideas fit together.
- Final sentence — write your final words and provide the audience with a sense of finish.
If you need fresh ideas about how to write a strong conclusion, try to use one or more of these methods that should work:
- Don’t forget to write a short summary of your work’s main points;
- Ask an interesting and provocative question in the end;
- Include a quotation related to your topic;
- Call the audience for an action;
- Write a warning in the end;
- Compare your work’s problem to other situations;
- Suggest consequences or results;
- Paint a bright image for your readers.
If you’re thinking about how to make a good conclusion for your paper, in the same time, avoid next things that won’t make your last paragraph successful:
- Never just copy and paste your thesis statement without any changes; this would make your work sound repetitive and unprofessional;
- Don’t bring a new subtopic in the last paragraph of your paper;
- Never try to focus on the minor point of your work, this would make the entire paper weak;
- Don’t write unnecessary information here and make it brief;
- Never apologize with words like “this is only my opinion”, or “I am really not an expert in this”, because you make your work very unprofessional with such sayings.
What is a
What is a conclusion: main functions, definition and techniqueshttps://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/What-is-a-conclusion-main-functions-definition-and-techniques.png" alt=" main functions, definition and techniques" width="750" height="250" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-694" srcset="https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/What-is-a-conclusion-main-functions-definition-and-techniques.png 750w, https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/What-is-a-conclusion-main-functions-definition-and-techniques-300x100.png 300w" sizes="(max-width: 706px) 89vw, (max-width: 767px) 82vw, 740px" />
So, let’s define what does conclusion mean and what are its functions:
- A conclusion is your essay’s final part, and this is what you leave the reader with.
- It finishes your work logically and hooks the audience.
- With this paragraph, you demonstrate that you reached your goals you set before.
- A bright conclusion must show to audience that you successfully proved the thesis and demonstrate your work’s importance.
- It gives the audience a feeling of finish on the subject.
Keep in your memory that according to conclusion meaning, it is the opposite thing to your essay’s introduction. So, when your essay’s first paragraph begins more general but ends specific, the last paragraph should start more specific but end generally.
And here is a list of things that wouldn’t be effective, so you should avoid such things:
- Never start this paragraph with overused and odd phrases.
- No need to write such phrases as “in summary”, “in conclusion”, “in closing of my work”. This may work for speeches, but for writing works it is not a good idea.
- You have to restate your thesis statement, but not to state it for a first time here.
- Never bring new ideas or facts into the last paragraph. This is not a place for such things. The same goes about bringing evidence that should be written in the main part of your essay.
- Do not write the conclusion of an essay out of character with your entire work.
There are several techniques how to write a conclusion for an essay properly. We want to share the most popular:
- The frame of circle — in this technique the author comes back to the introduction to reflect things from the first paragraph. This gives your work a sense of completion.
- Simple summary — try to synthesize all your paper’s major ideas and show the readers you reached the goal of your writing.
- Panning to the horizon — if to use this technique, you have to broad your topic bringing an analogy and comparing your subject to the larger issue, encouraging the audience to think further.
- Call to action — this technique is used often in argumentative essays, this type of your last paragraph makes a proposal to the audience to do something.
- Delayed thesis — if you are writing an exploratory essay, you may put a thesis statement in the conclusion like it’s a discovery. This is probably the most difficult technique to fulfill.
Writing a conclusion in APA styl
Writing a conclusion in APA styleom/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Writing-a-conclusion-in-APA-style.png" alt="" width="750" height="250" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-695" srcset="https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Writing-a-conclusion-in-APA-style.png 750w, https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Writing-a-conclusion-in-APA-style-300x100.png 300w" sizes="(max-width: 706px) 89vw, (max-width: 767px) 82vw, 740px" />
As you probably know, the APA style is a list of rules for document’s formatting. If you’re thinking about how to write a conclusion for a research paper in APA style, our short guide may be very helpful.
- First of all, you should return your readers to your thesis, but now just rewrite it from the introduction, but try to rewrite it with similar words. Then it wouldn’t be just a copy of text you already wrote, and it will give your audience a new understanding of your work.
- In the next couple of sentences, you should summarize all main points that were out into your paper’s main part.
- Bringing new material is the biggest mistake of many students. Remember that your conclusion should only restate things, but not confuse the audience with something new. It’s obviously that a main part is a perfect place for a new idea, so follow this rule to create a successful paragraph.
- In your last sentence you should try to leave an impression on the audience. There are several ways to do it:
- bringing a quotation;
- writing an anecdote that relates with the first paragraph of your research paper;
- call the readers to action;
- asking a question, leaving the audience to think after reading your paper.
We do hope this advice will help you to write a good APA conclusion for the research paper.
How to write a good conclusion p
How to write a good conclusion paragraph: help from expertsom/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/How-to-write-a-good-conclusion-paragraph.png" alt="How to write a good conclusion paragraph" width="750" height="250" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-696" srcset="https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/How-to-write-a-good-conclusion-paragraph.png 750w, https://10pagepapers.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/How-to-write-a-good-conclusion-paragraph-300x100.png 300w" sizes="(max-width: 706px) 89vw, (max-width: 767px) 82vw, 740px" />
So, you wrote your essay’s main part, and even was able to make a bright introduction, but feel stuck with the last paragraph and have no idea how to make a conclusion? This is a common problem for many people, and you shouldn’t panic because we suggest getting some professional help from real experts. If you are unable to create a bright work, quality help from the writing service is everything you need in this situation.
A quite important thing in ordering your paper online is to choose a reliable company. We know that you want to get a perfect work, and 10pagepapers is ready to fulfill your assignment in the shortest terms! Our experienced company cooperated with thousands of happy clients that got their papers here and many of them came back with new orders.
Whether you need to write a last paragraph for the argumentative essay, or create a research paper conclusion, our authors are ready to help. We collaborate only with the most talented and bright writers that are ready to make a successful work of any complexity and length. Our company guarantees each and every client will get a 100% unique and interesting text to grab your audience attention.
Don’t hesitate to contact us and ask your questions, our qualified and well-trained customer support team is ready to provide you with a full information about ordering a new assignment, making a payment, process of writing, and all other questions you may have. Set a deadline during making an order, and we will write a great paper within this term. Before we sent you a finished work, our editors will proofread it to correct mistakes. Our main goal is to make our customers happy, that’s why we polish each and every paper we create to make it look professional. So, don’t waste your time and order your work in 10pagepapers right now!